Later this week, the council of the Royal College of Physicians will be discussing assisted suicide amid a terrific row and threat of legal action by a group of doctors.
Right To Life UK spokesperson, Clare McCarthy, said:
“100,000 people in Northern Ireland are alive today because Northern Ireland did not accept the same abortion law that was introduced into Britain in 1967. These people are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, daughters and sons.”
“Two-thirds of women in Northern Ireland think that Westminster should not impose abortion laws on Northern Ireland. Any imposition of abortion law on Northern Ireland from Westminster would undermine devolution and the Good Friday Agreement.”
“The Saint Patrick’s Day parade in London is a time for the London-Irish community to join together and celebrate their unique cultural identity. Part of that heritage is the life-saving laws in Northern Ireland – 100,000 lives worth celebrating.”
- For additional quotes and media interviews contact 07847 454108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ComRes interviewed 1,013 Northern Irish adults online between 8th and 15th October 2018. Data was weighted to be representative of all Northern Irish adults. ComRes is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Full data tables are available here: https://www.comresglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-Both-Lives-Matter.pdf
- Note: High-resolution photos from a recent event run by Northern Irish group Both Lives Matter which can be used for press articles are available here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/155524210@N07/sets/72157706981658515
- The full report on the 100,000 lives figure is available here: https://bothlivesmatter.org/statistics
- The London St Patrick’s Day Festival is taking place on the 17th March. Further details are available here: https://www.london.gov.uk/events/2019-03-15/london-st-patricks-day-festival-2019#acc-i-56088
Applications are now open for the Right To Life UK Summer Internship Programme and will close on Monday, 15th April 2019.
Successful applicants will be able to work in the right-to-life office in central London, on the cutting edge of contemporary pro-life research and campaigning in the UK. They will be introduced to the UK Parliament, and to the creative world behind effective right-to-life activism.
We are looking for strongly-motivated individuals who feel they can contribute to the right-to-life cause on beginning-of-life (abortion; embryo-destructive research and practice) or end-of-life (assisted suicide; euthanasia) issues and bioethical controversies. Areas of work can include:
- Media (e.g. online content, press relations)
- Research (e.g. academic, statistical, political)
- Digital (e.g. web design, videography, photography, copy-writing)
- Project Management (e.g. campaign strategy, event organisation)
Those doing or possessing degrees (or who have experience) that is most relevant to our work will have an advantage, but we will discern the best candidates according to character also.
All interns are given a specific campaign area on which they will work, and are paired with a senior member of staff for mentoring.
If you would like to apply, please e-mail email@example.com a covering letter detailing why you would like to intern at Right To Life UK, and attaching a CV. We will respond promptly to all candidates, and those successfully considered will be offered an interview either at our central London offices or via Skype.
AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Using AmazonSmile, 0.5% of your purchases go towards Right To Life UK at no extra cost to you.
Support Right To Life UK by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.co.uk. Click the button below to get started. When prompted, enter “The Right To Life Charitable Trust” as your chosen charity.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”x-large” url=”https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1099319-0″ align=”center” bg_color=”#fb7254″ btn_hover_bg=”#f9856b”]Give to Right To Life UK when you buy on Amazon[/mk_button]
When you purchase from Amazon, unless you purchase from smile.amazon.co.uk rather than amazon.co.uk we will not receive the donation. You can ensure you always purchase from smile.amazon.co.uk using a redirection plugin for your browser. Select your browser below to install: