Thanks to the support of people like you, last year a major attempt to hijack the UK Government’s flagship Domestic Abuse Bill with two extreme abortion proposals failed, in a major pro-life victory. Unfortunately, this is not the end for our opposition.
THE NEXT MOVE FROM THE ABORTION AND ASSISTED SUICIDE LOBBIES
The abortion lobby has already been successful at using the Coronavirus crisis to temporarily introduce ‘DIY’ home abortions.
The policy has not only accompanied a large increase in the number of lives ended by abortion but has also been linked to a number of serious incidents where women’s lives have been put at risk while performing their abortion at home.
Our opposition is now eager to see more widespread changes to legislation enacted and we are currently facing major threats on five separate fronts:
- Pro-abortion MP Rupa Huq has brought forward an amendment to the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill to introduce a jail term of up to two years if a pro-lifer offers support or advice to a woman near an abortion clinic. This is a threat to unborn babies and to freedom of speech.
- The assisted suicide lobby has brought foward a bill to legalise assisted suicide, which was introduced to the House of Lords on 26 May.
- The Northern Ireland Secretary has given himself new powers to force expanded abortion services on Northern Ireland.
- The abortion lobby is further exploiting the COVID-19 crisis to attempt to make dangerous ‘DIY’ home abortions available permanently.
- The abortion lobby is expected to make another attempt to change abortion law to allow abortion on demand, for any reason, up to birth.
If these major threats from our opposition are successful, it would be a disaster. Thousands of lives would be lost. We can’t sit on the sidelines and watch these extreme anti-life changes become a reality.
WE CAN ONLY DEFEAT THESE MAJOR THREATS WITH YOUR HELP
As you can see, we will be facing a very large challenge on life issues in the UK over the next couple of months – and we will be facing this across multiple fronts.
Fighting both the abortion and assisted suicide lobbies over this period has already made a huge dent in Right To Life UK’s limited resources.
To cover this gap and ensure we effectively defeat these proposals during this period, we must raise at least £200,000.
We are, therefore, appealing to you to please give as generously as you can. Every donation, no matter how small, will go towards saving the lives of the unborn and many others.
By stopping these threats, YOU can save lives over this coming period.
Will you make a special gift right now to help protect vulnerable lives from these threats?
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions
Give with confidence
Your personal information is encrypted and transmitted using a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL protocol).
Other ways to give: