If you are New Zealand voter, please urgently email your MPs asking them to vote against this extreme abortion Bill on Thursday.
You can do this by following the easy steps below.
1. Quickly draft an email
It is far better if this email is in your own words, but if you don’t have time, we have written up a quick email below which you can use.
Please be charitable, polite and respectful in the messages you send to MPs.
Please contact as many MPs as you can. Individual emails are the most effective, especially if you are contacting your local MP.
IF WRITING YOU OWN EMAIL – PLEASE CONVEY THE FOLLOWING POINTS
- Vote NO to the Abortion Legislation Bill on Thursday.
- The Bill removes the current restrictions that only allow abortions after 20 weeks to save the life of the mother or to protect from serious harm and replaces them with loose and arbitrary criteria.
- In the small number of Australian states that have similar ‘abortion up to birth’ provisions these provision in practice have allowed for abortion to be available for any reason right through to birth.
- This would also, in practice, lift the current time limit for disability-selective abortions for babies including those with Down’s syndrome from 20-weeks, right through to birth.
- The Bill contains no substantial provisions to offer women alternatives to abortion.
- If you have a personal story about abortion, unplanned pregnancy, or anything else that might be relevant to this Bill then please share that too.
- Make it clear that this is an important issue to you and how the MP votes on Thursday will determine whether you vote for them in the next election.
IF DON’T HAVE TIME TO WRITE AN EMAIL, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING COPY
I am writing to you to ask you to vote NO to the Abortion Legislation Bill on Thursday.
The Bill removes the current restrictions that only allow abortions after 20 weeks to save the life of the mother or to protect from serious harm and replaces them with loose and arbitrary criteria.
In the small number of Australian states that have similar ‘abortion up to birth’ provisions, these provision in practice have allowed for abortion to be available, for any reason, right through to birth.
This would also, in practice, lift the current time limit for disability-selective abortions for babies including those with Down’s syndrome from 20-weeks, right through to birth.
As a voter, this is the most important issue to me, and how you vote on Thursday will determine who I vote for in the next election.
Please vote NO on Thursday.
2/ Use the following email lists to send your email to MPs
H/T to Voice For Life New Zealand for the email list below – find out more about them here.
Below are the email addresses of every MP in Parliament (just click on any MP below to send them an email).
If you have any issues with the email addresses below you can click here to download an Excel Spreadsheet of all the MP’s and their email addresses (just copy and paste from the spreadsheet into your email browser!)
INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL MPs:
Amy Adams, Kanwaljit Singh Bakshi, Maggie Barry, Andrew Bayly, David Bennett, Paula Bennett, Dan Bidois, Chris Bishop, Simon Bridges, Simeon Brown, Gerry Brownlee, David Carter, Judith Collins, Jacqui Dean, Matt Doocey, Sarah Dowie, Andrew Falloon, Paulo Garcia, Paul Goldsmith, Nathan Guy, Joanne Hayes, Harete Hipango, Brett Hudson, Nikki Kaye, Matt King, Tutehounuku (Nuk) Korako, Barbara Kuriger, Denise Lee, Melissa Lee, Agnes Loheni, Tim Macindoe, Todd McClay, Ian McKelvie, Mark Mitchell, Todd Muller, Alfred Ngaro, Simon O’Connor, Parmjeet Parmar, Christopher Penk, Maureen Pugh, Shane Reti, Scott Simpson, Nick Smith, Stuart Smith, Erica Stanford, Anne Tolley, Louise Upston, Tim van de Molen, Nicky Wagner, Hamish Walker, Nicola Willis, Michael Woodhouse, Jian Yang, Lawrence Yule,
INDIVIDUAL LABOUR MPs:
Kiri Allan, Ginny Andersen, Jacinda Ardern, David Clark, Tamati Coffey, Liz Craig, Clare Curran, Kelvin Davis, Ruth Dyson, Paul Eagle, Kris Faafoi, Peeni Henare, Chris Hipkins, Raymond Huo, Willie Jackson, Anahila Kanongata’a-Suisuiki, Iain Lees-Galloway, Andrew Little, Marja Lubeck, Jo Luxton, Kieran McAnulty, Nanaia Mahuta, Trevor Mallard, Stuart Nash, Damien O’Connor, Greg O’Connor, David Parker, Willow-Jean Prime, Priyanca Radhakrishnan, Grant Robertson, Adrian Rurawhe, Deborah Russell, Jenny Salesa, Carmel Sepuloni,Aupito William Sio, Jamie Strange, Jan Tinetti, Rino Tirikatene, Phil Twyford, Louisa Wall, Angie Warren-Clark, Duncan Webb, Meka Whaitiri, Poto Williams, Michael Wood, Megan Woods
INDIVIDUAL NZ FIRST MPs:
Darroch Ball, Shane Jones, Jenny Marcroft, Ron Mark, Tracey Martin, Clayton Mitchell, Mark Patterson, Winston Peters, Fletcher Tabuteau
INDIVIDUAL GREEN MPs:
Marama Davidson, Julie Anne Genter, Golriz Ghahraman, Gareth Hughes, Jan Logie, Eugenie Sage, James Shaw, Chloe Swarbrick